What do we know about young people in Teignmouth?
- There are approximately 3,800 0-24 year olds in Teignmouth
- Teignmouth has 2 areas in the most deprived LSOA quartile
- 9.2% of pupils in Teignmouth have Free School meals compared to a UK average of 18.2% eligible for FSM in 2012
- 190 children have special education needs
- 15.6% of children 0-15 are benefits dependent compared to 12.4% for the County.
- Higher rates of admissions to hospital because of self harm were seen in Teignmouth
- Teignmouth West is one of the areas where conception rates between 2006 and 2008 were higher.
Are there gaps in provision around these issues?
There is no targeted provision in Teignmouth
Third sector agencies working in Teignmouth
- Citizens Advice
- Army Cadets, Sea Cadets
- Rugby Club etc –Yurt project Meadow Centre voluntary youth provision, West Teignmouth
- Skate Park
Public sector agencies working in Teignmouth
- Sexual Medicine Service – South Devon Healthcare Trust
- Teignmouth Youth Club
- Broadmeadow open 1 day a week, mixed session 8-19 years
Following face to face feedback from Devon Youth Service Staff and comments on the web site the information on this page has been updated.