What do we know about young people in Ilfracombe?
- Ilfracombe has 3 areas in the most deprived LSOA quartile
- 14.1% of pupils in Ilfracombe have Free School meals compared to a UK average of 18.2% eligible for FSM in 2012
- 388 children have special education needs
- 19.8% of children 0-15 are benefits dependent compared to 12.4% for the County. This is the only learning community in Devon that is the higher than the England average.
- 6% of young people in substance misuse treatment in Devon come from Ilfracombe
- As at end of March 13 Ilfracombe was ranked 8thinDevonforthe highest number of NEETs
- In 2006-08 Ilfracombe had one of the highest conception rates in the County
Are there gaps in provision around these issues?
- Benefits advice
- Special Needs Support
- Sexual Health
- Family Planning
Third sector agencies working in Ilfracombe
- Citizens Advice Bureau
- North Devon car scheme
- Scope Northern Devon Face to Face serviced
Public sector agencies working in Ilfracombe
- Ilfracombe Family Planning
- Ilfracombe Hospital GUM clinic
- Combe Martin Youth Club
- The Real McCaf
- Ilfracombe Arts College Youth Service
- The Lantern Youth Centre
Following face to face feedback from Devon Youth Service Staff and comments on the web site the information on this page has been updated.