Search for vacancies
All our current vacancies can be found at Devonjobs. Register on the site to be alerted about new vacancies that might interest you. You will also find advice to help you with your application.
Why work for us?
As a Devon County Council employee, there are a range of benefits available. These include:
- 23 days annual leave entitlement pro rata (figure includes days between Christmas and New Year), rising to 28 days after five years continuous service, plus bank holidays.
- A career average pension scheme
- Development and training opportunities
- Subsidised green travel:
- Secure lockable bike stores at several sites
- Pool bikes at several sites
- A cycle to work scheme
- Discounted season bus tickets saving 10%
- Dedicated “park & share” spaces in Sowton and Crediton
- 2 compulsory non-car days in County Hall car park
- Park & Ride to County Hall for £1 return
- Discounted weekday bus tickets for County Hall staff.
- A childcare voucher scheme
- Flexible working policies
- Charity Give As You Earn scheme
- Equality at work
- Eligibility to join the Coaver Club
- Westfield Contributory Health Scheme
- Devon Discounts – discounts and deals for employees
Our pay and grading structure
All employees within the Council, except teachers and some staff working within social care or Public Health who are on NHS/health terms and conditions, are on this salary scale. You can find out more in the Council’s Pay Policy Statement and on our Open data pages.