All Newly Qualified Social Workers who are employed by Devon County Council will be enrolled on the Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE) scheme.
The Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE) was recommended by the Social Work Task Force and forms part of the Social Work Reform Board final recommendations for implementation (2012). The ASYE aims to ensure that Newly Qualified Social Workers (NQSWs) receive consistent support in their first year of practice so they can become confident, competent and capable professionals. This will be assessed throughout the year. The Professional Capability Framework (PCF) provides the framework for continual professional development in social work and provides clear expectations for the ASYE year.
Considerable time and care has been taken, both locally and nationally through Skills for Care, to develop this programme and we believe this reflects the commitment and investment being made to newly qualified social workers looking forward to a career in social work in Devon County Council.
The ASYE in Devon is linked to professional development and performance, and reflects a Newly Qualified Social Worker’s progression from competence to capability. The programme structure incorporates this process.
Devon County Council have two intakes per year and the successful candidates will take part in a two week induction period.
- ASYE Guide
- Critical Reflection Log
- Direct Observation Part 1a NQSW to complete pre-observation
- Direct Observation Part 1b NQSW to complete post-observation
- Direct Observation Part 1c NQSW to complete after reading two parts of the observers assessment
- Direct Observation Part 2a assessor to complete
- Direct Observation Part 2B stardardised assessment criteria for structured written reflection (assessment of accuracy of recall and meta-competency)
- Direct Observation Part 2c – Overarching holistic assessment of the observation and written reflection
- Portfolio Contents Sheet
- ROSPA (Record of Support and Progressive Assessment) Part 1
- ROSPA (Record of Support and Progressive Assessment) Part 2
- ROSPA (Record of Support and Progressive Assessment) Part 3
- ROSPA (Record of Support and Progressive Assessment) Part 4
- ROSPA (Record of Support and Progressive Assessment) Additional
- ASYE Scheme Supervision Record
- Feedback from Other Professionals Template
- Feedback from Service Users Template
- Record of Learning and Development Template
- KSS Self Assessment Tool
- Capabilities Action Plan
- Internal Moderation Template