For all those who are supporting BA and MA students from local universities on their 100 day placements, we are holding an information workshop on 3rd November, Sergeant Room in the Coaver Club from 10.00-12.00.
Practice Educator and Placement Supervisor 2hr Workshops for BA and MA Student Placements.
To provide an understanding of how Student Placements work.
Herbi Williams, Nigel Stopard, Nick Unstead.
- To ensure Practice Educators and Placement Supervisors understand their roles and responsibilities for students on placement.
- To explore the process of students coming onto placement.
- Recognise the role of the Social Care Academy in supporting the placement function.
- To consider what actions are needed should things go wrong: e.g. staff changes, illness.
- To recognise timings and sequencing of observations and recording evidence of work undertaken.
- Introductions and outline of workshop programme objectives – 5mins.
- Small group exercises: Groups to split according to role and discuss the key functions and responsibilities of the PLS or the PE roles as they understand them at present 15mins.
- Feedback from groups and discussion/clarification from tutors supported with PP slides -20/30mins.
- Input on process of students coming onto placement. Highlight the student induction checklist, ongoing monitoring and recording/observing/assessment – 25mins.
- Input on role and responsibility of Academy and the support offered -15mns.
- When things go wrong, talk through the procedures – 20mins.
- Q&A session on general points raised -10 mins.