- What were the most commonly downloaded resources by DCC staff during 2017? See the Top 10.
- The Department for Education (DfE) has updated its Knowledge and Skills Statement (KSS) following a consultation. Rip Update KSS
- Step Up
The scheme is run by the Department for Education. In the South West it is delivered by a group of Local Authority Children’s services (10) and the University of the West of England, (based in Bristol). We collaborate to deliver the program and have 2 subgroups, the ‘Upper South West’ and the ‘Far south West’. Cohort 5 is currently in progress and the students are half way through their 14 month program. It gives them a Post Grad Diploma in Social Work.
The next intake will start next year, 2019; recruiting is done online by the Department for Education centrally. There is an application process that includes a general application form and a series of questions that form a short essay. The applicants are shortlisted based on the written work and supporting statement.
At this stage you have to decide which Local Authority you wish to consider you for placements. Locally in the Far South West group that includes Devon County Council, Torbay Council, Plymouth city Council and Cornwall County Council. The Upper group includes Somerset, Gloucester and Bristol etc.
If you are shortlisted for interview that will probably take place in Plymouth and consists of interviews, group work and an essay. The next Cohort would be due to start in January 2020.
I hope this helps, the information from the DfE and application is completed here:
- BME Group
BME GROUP within the Social work Academy is in its early stages of development.
The Aims and Objectives of the group.
• To create a safe and supportive environment by means of having a confidential group supervision time to share their experiences.
• Advocacy for any BME issues in particular with DCC.
• A reflective group to look at issues BME SU’s/SW’s might face.
• To invite speakers/parties of interest to the group which are approached by all members to attend.
• To meet every three months with venue decided by the group.
Further information please contact Penn on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mental Wellbeing Training
Training is aimed at frontline workers and volunteers whose role includes supporting people to improve their mental wellbeing
- Supporting a Student
New Placement Supervisor and Practice Educator Pathway introduced for those interested in developing their career towards supporting learners. See Supporting a Student
- Free Conference - Early Permanence Project