In May 2016 we renewed our contract with RiP to provide access to research, practice guidance and learning opportunities that support evidence informed practice and continuing professional development. RiP is a leader in its field, offering high quality resources and essential information to support you in your role
What does RiP provide?
- A wide range of electronic and hard copy resources – designed to be accessible, engaging and targeted at different staff across the organisation to achieve change. Recent publications include: Violence in young people’s relationships; Reflective Supervision Handbook; Assessing Parental Capacity to Change – team learning resources
- Monthly Research and Policy Updates providing you with the latest information on policy developments, consultations and key research reports.
- Case law summaries are a monthly update summarising and analysing selected public law cases and their implications for practice. The summaries will provide the main details of the case and highlight key messages for
- Places at 20+ learning events throughout the year. Our staff have recently attended workshops on; Confident Practice with Cultural Diversity; Reunification; Mentalisation theory in effective direct work.
- Access to an online repository of learning resources including; guides, literature reviews, recorded webinars, videos, e-learning, an online forums for knowledge exchange. They have even mapped all their resources to the Knowledge and Skills Statements. If you don’t already have an account make one now.
- Annual Change Project programme – opportunities to participate in an innovative model for action research and practice development. Previously DCC involvement includes ‘Analysis and Critical Thinking in Assessment’, ‘Parental Capacity to Change – Team Based Learning’.
The Academy works closely with RiP to maximise uptake of materials. We approve requests to attend learning events and webinars. We distribute hard copies of the resources to managers, depending on the topic, to distribute to teams.