- Site user restrictions
Recycling centre facilities are available only to householders delivering their own household waste.
Waste from the following groups/premises/activities is not accepted at recycling centres:
- Landlords disposing of waste from rental properties.
- Parish/District/County Councils or council premises.
- Educational or medical establishments.
- Charity shops, charitable organisations and premises (except where otherwise agreed in writing with DCC).
- Any club, society or other association of persons (including allotment organisations).
- Religious establishments.
- Prisons or probation service.
- Agricultural holdings, including small holdings and paddocks (excluding waste from the farmhouse itself).
- Waste from shops, businesses, traders including business waste associated with people working from home.
- Removal firms.
- ‘Man and van’ or house clearance operators.
- Waste from rented holiday homes/holiday lets/campsites/caravan parks.
- Flytipped waste (unless delivered by the district council with prior agreement from DCC).
Also see Chargeable waste.
- Vehicle restriction policy - with effect from 1 April 2017
The vehicles listed below will not be permitted at any recycling centre in order to reduce congestion, improve site safety and to tackle abuse by trade/commercial users:
- Any vehicle over 3.5 tonnes gross weight (including hire vehicles).
- Any vehicle over 6m in length (including hire vehicles).
- Any vehicle tipping.
- Box vans/Luton vans including horse box vans (with the exception of vehicles hired to a householder from a legitimate vehicle hire company for a hire period of less than 3 days and appropriate documentation can be produced).
- Any trailers over 3m (10 feet) internal/body length *.
- Large vans (transit size) and pick-up vehicles** are not permitted towing any trailer of any size (camper vans/fully fitted minibuses are excluded from this restriction).
- Tractors/Agricultural machinery.
* trailer size limit at Maclins Quarry, South Molton is 1.8m internal/body length due to the very small and restricted nature of the site.
** Pick-up truck/vehicle – a vehicle having an enclosed cab (or enclosed double cab) and a separate rear cargo area with a tailgate. The rear cargo area may or may not be enclosed.