- Site user restrictions
Applicable from 1st April 2011
Only householders delivering their own household waste are entitled to use the Recycling Centre facilities.
Waste from the following groups/premises/activities are not accepted at Recycling Centres:
- landlords disposing of waste from rental properties
- Parish/District/County Councils or Council premises
- educational or medical establishments
- charity shops; charitable organisations and premises (except where otherwise agreed in writing with DCC)
- any club, society or other association of persons (including allotment organisations).
- religious establishments
- prisons or probation service
- agricultural holdings, including small holdings and paddocks (excluding waste from the farmhouse itself)
- waste from shops, businesses, traders including business waste associated with people working from home.
- removal firms
- “man and van” or house clearance operators
- waste from rented holiday homes/holiday lets/campsites/caravan parks.
- flytipped waste (unless delivered by the District Council with prior agreement from DCC).
Also see Chargeable Waste
- Vehicle restriction policy
Applicable from 1 April 2011
In order to enhance site safety and tackle the abuse of the facilities by traders/commercial users using larger vehicles, the following vehicles are not permitted access to Recycling Centres:
- any vehicle over 3.5 tonnes gross weight.
- any vehicle tipping
- box Vans/Luton Vans/Horseboxes etc. (with the exception of vehicles hired to a householder from a legitimate vehicle hire company for a hire period of less than 3 days and appropriate documentation can be produced)
- any trailers over 3m (10 feet) in length (internal/body length)*
- large vans (transit size) are not permitted towing any trailer of any size (camper vans/fully fitted minibuses are excluded from this restriction)
- tractors/agricultural machinery
*trailer size limit at Maclins Quarry, South Molton is 1.8m internal/body length due to the very small and restricted nature of the site.