If you have unwanted bulky household items such as furniture or large appliances, have a look below for some ideas on what to do with them:
- Recycling centres: Bulky household items can be taken to your nearest recycling centre. If they are in reusable condition they will be put into the reuse shop for resale.
- Reuse it: Check out the reuse it section on Recycle Devon to find initiatives near you that will reuse and repair unwanted items.
- Furniture reuse groups: unwanted furniture and other household items, can be donated to a local furniture reuse groups where they are refurbished and passed to people on low incomes for reuse.
- Charity furniture shops: household furniture, appliances and even electrical items can be donated to your local charity furniture shop.
- Advertise items online: You can advertise your bulky items for free using online classified websites such as or Gumtree, Preloved, Freegle and Freecycle. Alternatively, if you have items you would like to sell you could try eBay or Facebook.