Household collections

Devon has eight City/District/Borough Councils, which are the Waste Collection Authorities (WCA). They are responsible for collecting household waste for recycling and disposal.

For queries about household collections, including bulky item collections and missed collections, please contact your district council using the details below:

East Devon District Council
Tel: 01395 516551

Exeter City Council
Tel: 01392 277888

Mid Devon District Council
Tel: 01884 255255

West Devon Borough Council
Tel: 01822 813600

Teignbridge District Council
Tel: 01626 361101

Torridge District Council
Tel: 01237 428700

North Devon District Council
Tel: 01271 327711

South Hams District Council
Tel: 01803 861234

Plymouth City Council
Tel: 01752 668000

Torbay Council
Tel: 01803 201201

Plymouth City Council and Torbay Council are unitary authorities acting as both waste collection authorities and, like Devon County Council, Waste Disposal Authorities (WDA).