Please note: with the exception of users of the garden and cardboard trade scheme, commercial/business waste is not accepted at the recycling centres. Your district council may be able to provide a collection. For a list of contacts for commercial/business waste disposal and recycling, please see Recycle Devon’s At Work page.
Apply for commercial (garden/cardboard) recycling
Small businesses may register to bring recyclable green waste and cardboard to certain Devon County Council Recycling Centres.
The following sites are currently participating in the scheme:
- Barnstaple, Seven Brethren
- Crediton, Punchbowl
- Exeter, Exton Road
- Exeter, Pinbrook Road
- Exmouth, Knowle Hill
- Holsworthy, Anvil Corner
- Honiton, Sutton Barton
- Kingsbridge, Torr Quarry
- Newton Abbot, Brunel Road
- Tavistock, Crowndale
- Torrington, Deep Moor
Even though the garden waste is composted and the cardboard is recycled, the scheme is run at a cost to the Council which has to be passed on to trade depositors. The charges are the minimum that can be applied.
|Amount||Charge: Garden Waste||Charge:Cardboard|
|Bagged waste only: Up to 5 bin bags/1 dumpy bag||Blue ticket:£6.10 + VAT total £7.32 (min purchases 5 tickets £30.50 + VAT total £36.60, waste must be bagged)||n/a|
|Loose vehicle loads: Up to 500kg||Green ticket (1): £38.60 + VAT total £46.32||£6.10 + VAT total £7.32|
|Loose vehicle loads: 500kg – 1t||Green ticket (2): £77.20 + VAT total £92.64||£12.20 + VAT total £14.64|
|Loose vehicle loads: 1t – 1.5t||Green ticket (3): £115.80 + VAT total £138.96||£18.30 + VAT total £21.96|
|Loose vehicle loads: 1.5t-2t||Green ticket (4): £154.40 + VAT total £185.28||£24.40 + VAT total £29.28|
If you would like to participate in the scheme please complete our online Recycling Registration form including your online payment details.
Alternatively, print off, complete and return the registration form enclosing a cheque to purchase tickets. Tickets will then be sent once the registration form has been received.
For loose vehicle loads, the number of tickets required per load will be determined by the staff at the recycling centre (minimum one ticket per deposit).
**Please note that tickets are only valid for the current financial year (April 1st – March 31st) and are non-refundable.**
Additional tickets are not available in to be collected in person or over the telephone, to purchase additional tickets please complete the online Recycling Registration form or send the registration form enclosing a cheque. Cheques should be made payable to Devon County Council and postal requests sent to:
Devon County Council Waste Finance Room, ABG Lucombe House,Exeter, Devon EX2 4QD.
- Prior to joining this scheme you may be required to obtain a Waste Carriers Licence from the Environment Agency, please call 03708 506506 for further information. Information required on tickets must be filled in for each load (before each deposit) and handed to the recycling centre operator
- The scheme only applies to vehicles with a maximum carrying capacity of 2 tonnes or below subject to further vehicle restrictions
- There are specific restrictions on the type of garden waste acceptable as part of this scheme: Compostable garden waste comprises leafy material such as grass clippings and hedge trimmings, and branches no larger than 10″/25cm thick. No other types of garden waste will be accepted under this scheme, including soil
- If you are a producer of electrical waste or a retailer of electrical equipment, you must check your obligations under the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Regulations. For further information see the WEEE regulations.
If you would like to discuss the scheme in any more detail, please call 0345 155 1010.