|Summer (Apr to Sep)||Winter (Oct to March)|
|Monday to Friday||9:00am to 5:00pm||9:00am to 4:30pm|
|Saturday and Sunday||10:00am to 6:00pm||10:00am to 4:30pm|
Seven Brethren Recycling Centre
0345 155 1010
Open all year round (except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day).
The site is located on the Seven Brethren industrial estate to the south of the river, follow the signs for the North Devon Leisure Centre. Go past the leisure centre, follow the road around to the right and left, the site can be found at the end of the road.
Waste loading/skip changes may result in this site (or part of the site) being closed for short periods throughout the day. For your own safety, please remain in your vehicle and keep your waste on board until the loading/skip exchange is completed. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Site staff will aim to provide assistance when reasonable; however, they are unable to lift excessively heavy and/or awkward loads. For example, if a bulky/heavy item required 2 or more persons to initially load the vehicle then it will be expected that the same amount of people arrive to help unload the vehicle once on site.
Please ensure that your waste is separated before arriving at the site.
- Aluminium and steel cans (including empty steel paint cans).
- Bulky/rigid plastics.
- Cardboard/Greeting Cards (must be non-glittery).
- Car batteries (excluding electric vehicle batteries). Alternatively, these can be taken to a scrap metal merchant who may pay you for your battery).
- Clean mixed plastic packaging, for example, food trays and yoghurt pots (must be washed). Black plastic food trays and cling film type packaging are not acceptable.
- Directories/Yellow Pages.
- DIY engine oil.
- Domestic batteries.
- Drinks cartons/Tetra-paks.
- Energy saving light bulbs (recycled with fluorescent tubes).
- Flat glass.
- Fluorescent tubes: up to 5 in any 6 month period.
- Foil (clean aluminium foil only.
- Fridges/freezers (Commercial fridges/freezers/air conditioning units are not accepted as well as units from caravans/motorhomes/boats).
- Garden/green waste (branches up to 250mm or 10 inches in diameter are accepted).
- Glass bottles and jars.
- Large electrical appliances, for example, cookers, microwaves, washing machines.
- Metal (including empty aerosol cans).
- Paper, newspapers and magazines (shredded paper must go in the paper bank. Wrapping paper or any paper containing glitter must not go in the paper bank).
- Petrol powered lawn mowers and strimmers (must be emptied of fuel).
- Plastic bottles.
- Small domestic appliances, for example, toasters, lawn mowers, hairdryers, computers, laptops (please ensure all personal data is erased before bringing your items to be recycled).
- TVs/computer monitors.
- Vegetable oil.
Further information about chargeable waste.
Site health and safety
Further information about site health and safety
Site user and vehicle restrictions
Further information about site user and vehicle restrictions.