|Summer (Apr-Sep)||Winter (Oct-Mar)|
|Saturday and Sunday||10:00am-6:00pm||10:00am-4:30pm|
Bideford Recycling Centre
Caddsdown Industrial Estate
0345 155 1010
Open all year round (except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day)
Waste loading/skip changes may result in this site (or part of the site) being closed for short periods throughout the day. For your own safety, please remain in your vehicle and keep your waste on board until the loading/skip exchange is completed. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Site staff will aim to provide assistance when reasonable; however they are unable to lift excessively heavy and/or awkward loads. For example, if a bulky/heavy item required 2 or more persons to initially load the vehicle then it will be expected that the same amount of people arrive to help unload the vehicle once on site.
Please ensure that your waste is separated before arriving at the site.
- Glass bottles and jars
- Newspapers and magazines
- Card/Yellow Pages (cards, wrapping paper or any paper containing glitter must not go in the paper bank)
- Aluminium and steel cans (including empty steel paint cans)
- Foil: clean aluminium foil only (recycled with metal)
- Garden/green waste (branches up to 250mm or 10 inches in diameter are accepted)
- Metal (including empty aerosol cans)
- Petrol powered lawn mowers and strimmers (must be emptied of fuel)
- Large domestic appliances, e.g. cookers, microwaves, washing machines etc
- Small domestic appliances, e.g. toasters, lawn mowers, hairdryers etc
- Flat glass
- TVs/computer monitors
- Plastic bottles
- clean mixed plastic packaging, e.g. food trays and yoghurt pots (must be washed)
- Cling film type packaging is not acceptable
- Bulky/rigid plastics
- Drinks cartons/Tetra-paks
- DIY engine oil
- Vegetable oil
- Car batteries
- Domestic batteries
- Energy saving light bulbs (recycled with fluorescent tubes)
- Chargeable household DIY waste including soil and rubble, plasterboard, plastic window and doors, show trays, shower screens, insulation materials, roofing felt, guttering and asbestos etc. Please note these items are chargeable and some are not accepted at all sites. See our chargeable waste page for further information.
- Non Chargeable household DIY waste including wooden doors and window frames, kitchen units, construction timber and radiators. Please note these items are restricted to 0.5 tonne in a 6 month period. See our restricted and non-acceptable items for more information.
- Old Paint: please double wrap each tin in plastic bags (to avoid spillage) and hand to the site operator.
- Fluorescent tubes: up to 5 in any 6 month period.
- Gas bottles: standard household gas bottles are acceptable, although restrictions apply. See restricted and non-acceptable materials for more information.
- Hazardous/toxic waste: including weed killers, solvents, petrol and diesel. These types of waste must be handed over to a site operator in a suitable secure, clearly marked container. There is a 5 litre limit on this type of waste.
Further information about Chargeable waste.
Site Health and Safety
Further information about Site Health and Safety.