Furniture and equipment exchange
WARP It is a bit like a cross between Freecycle and Facebook for public organisations such as local authorities, schools and charities. It’s a web-based portal that allows organisations to redistribute (give, loan or share) items (such as tables & chairs) legally and conveniently within their own group of organisations and agreed partners. By developing a big network of users and partners more items can be reused and ultimately save money.
- How do I register?
- Why is Devon County Council using WARP It?
There are many benefits to using WARP It including:
- quicker and more efficient communication about available items across Devon County Council properties, state funded schools and partner organisations
- Saving money in procurement costs
- Saving money in waste disposal charges
- liberating storage space
- Creating a network of sharing between WARP It club members helping to increase savings and use resources more effectively across Devon
- environmental – by reusing more, wasting less and reducing CO2.
- What items can be reused through WARP It?
Anything from reusable furniture, stationery items, sports equipment, and even pot plants! As long as it was purchased by a member of Devon’s group of organisations it can be exchanged on WARP It. Organisations have to abide by the terms and conditions.
- Can individual staff use the system to trade their own goods?
No, WARP It is aimed at public organisations such as local authorities, schools and charities. For personal use there are numerous public websites where you can swap, buy and sell reused items including Freecycle, Freegle,Gumtree, Preloved, Ebay and Amazon.