The Department for Education (DfE) have recently issued some guidance on data sharing, privacy notices and data subjects rights. The DfE guidance notes below provide further detail, including guidance on the content of privacy notices.
Please note that it is not necessary to re-issue privacy notices to pupils or staff who have already received them. However, please be aware that any hard copies available in public places, for example, notice boards should be kept up to date. The privacy notices below must be issued to all new pupils and staff as soon as possible. The Department for Education recommend that best practice would be to remind parents of the notices at the start of each term (within any other announcements/correspondence to parents).
If there are any changes to the way the school processes personal data then these changes need to be highlighted to parents / pupils.
- DfE guidance on data sharing and data subjects rights
- DfE guidance on data collection of pupil characteristics
- Privacy notice for pupils – updated October 2017
- Privacy notice for school staff – updated July 2016
- Privacy notice for staff employed centrally who work in schools – updated July 2016
- What the LA does with your data – updated July 2016
- Who the DfE passes pupil data to
- What the Department does with School workforce data
- S11/1 Data collection on admission to school: Pupil information, S11/2 data collection on admission to school:contacts