Is there any help available for these start up costs?

Depending on your circumstances there are schemes available that can help people with a deposit and/or the first month’s rent in advance if they can’t afford it and meet some other requirements. These are usually run by the local District Council who deals with your housing benefit, or sometimes a charity or housing association. This may be in the form of a loan or a written guarantee to cover any rent you do not pay or any damage you cause up to a certain amount.

Be the first to Comment