Annual Safeguarding Conference: Challenging Neglect: Thinking, Knowing, Doing – Tuesday 27 June 2017
In a UK-wide general population study in 2011 nearly one in six (16%) of young adults reported having experienced childhood neglect and just under one in ten (9%) reported severe neglect.
Book a place on next year’s Safeguarding Conference to find out the latest messages from research on the impact of neglect on children, how it links to CSE, intra-familial child sexual abuse and harmful sexual behaviours. Come and learn how you can make a difference to the child’s lived experience through direct support (early help).
Key Reasons to Attend
• Broader and deeper your understanding of the most prevalent form of abuse
• Learn more about other safeguarding issues, linked to neglect
• Practical support and advice for schools
• Network with other Designated Safeguarding Leads
• Helps meet the training requirements in KCSiE
"Weeks run from Monday to Sunday. Please note that weeks without communications to schools are ignored and the links will go to the last week where a communication was made in this category."