Annual Primary English Conference – Reading Revisited: Developing Reading for Meaning
This conference aims to explore the teaching of reading comprehension throughout the primary phase and beyond. Delegates will have the opportunity to learn from current research and explore approaches to the teaching of reading comprehension, including Reciprocal Reading.
• Reciprocal Reading #1 – Developing Prediction and Clarifying
• Reciprocal Reading #2 – Developing Questioning and Summarising
• Vocabulary Development
• Effective Reading Interventions
Key Reasons to Attend
• Explore a variety of strategies to develop reading comprehension
• Access recent research findings
• Consider approaches to intervention where children’s comprehension is poor
• Access an introduction to the key ideas of Reciprocal Reading
• Consider quality texts for reading teaching (exhibitions available)
"Weeks run from Monday to Sunday. Please note that weeks without communications to schools are ignored and the links will go to the last week where a communication was made in this category."