EXPIRED Getting your business ready for the rollout of 30 hours Early Years entitlement
We have arranged for Hempsalls to deliver workshops for early years providers and schools with early years provision – details below:
Getting business ready for 30 hours
Recent changes to the early years entitlements have impacted positively on children’s attainment. They have also in some areas re-shaped where, how, and when parents and carers take up early education. In short, the shape of the market is changing, and forthcoming policies will add to that mix.
The workshop is aimed at owners, managers, leaders, head teachers, childminders and other team members who have the responsibility for supporting this change programme.
These workshops will provide a solution focussed exploration of:
- Policy context – the changing shape of demand and supply in the early years sector
- The parameters of the 30 hour entitlement
- Emerging issues for areas who have been delivering since September 2016
- The specific needs of your local community and your local childcare market – is it fit for purpose?
- The options for and practicalities of different delivery models
- A potential model/models of delivery which will work for you
- Action planning – the next steps you needs to take
Date time and venue
The workshops will run:
- Tuesday 7 February, 10am – 1.30pm, Ivybridge
- Tuesday 7 February, 6pm – 9.30pm, Exeter
- Wednesday 8 February, 1.30pm – 5pm, Barnstaple
Please use the following link to book your place on one of the workshops www.devon.gov.uk/eywd
Hempsall’s have over fifteen years of experience in the early years, childcare and children’s centre sectors providing training, research and consultancy. They have worked directly for the DfE for the past four years, supporting schools, all 152 local authorities, early years providers, and children’s centres to successfully introduce the new early education entitlements.
"Weeks run from Monday to Sunday. Please note that weeks without communications to schools are ignored and the links will go to the last week where a communication was made in this category."