EXPIRED Closing The Word Gap
The course responds to the heightened emphasis on vocabulary in the KS1 and KS2 English programmes of study. It provides some practical strategies to support children in becoming successful in reading, writing and spelling across the curriculum, by improving vocabulary.
- To explore theory of vocabulary development and progression through the primary years.
- To consider ways to establish whole-school approaches to promote and develop vocabulary.
- To explore practical classroom strategies for vocabulary acquisition and application.
- To investigate links to morphology and spelling.
- To develop your own and pupils’ interest and curiosity about words.
"Weeks run from Monday to Sunday. Please note that weeks without communications to schools are ignored and the links will go to the last week where a communication was made in this category."