EXPIRED Summer Reading Challenge in libraries
The Summer Reading Challenge is the UK’s biggest annual reading promotion for children aged 4 to 11. Last year, in Devon, 11,500 children took part.
Launching on Saturday 14 July, this year’s Challenge is called Mischief Makers and is based on the characters from the Beano.
- contributes to the achievement of ALL your pupils including those with SEN, disadvantaged pupils and the most able
- supports your school’s reading policy and your mission for children to read more widely and for pleasure
- encourages parental engagement and family involvement in reading
- allows children to become more independent in their reading and encourages using imagination and empathy
- prevents the tendency for children’s reading to dip over the holidays.
Please contact your local library if you would like us to visit your school to tell pupils more about taking part.
There is more information and a resource pack at: https://readingagency.org.uk/resources/2725/
"Weeks run from Monday to Sunday. Please note that weeks without communications to schools are ignored and the links will go to the last week where a communication was made in this category."