South West Assessment Conference : The Bridge between Teaching and Learning – Wednesday 7 June 2017
What students learn as a result of any particular sequence of instruction is hard to predict and what they learn is not necessarily what we teach. This is why assessment is perhaps the central feature of effective practice assessment is the bridge between teaching and learning. Assessment of understanding in all areas of the curriculum relies on children making decisions and choices, demonstrating independent thinking.
This day will be an opportunity to discuss, debate and reflect on current thinking around assessment. Renowned global education academic Dylan Wiliam and International Formative Assessment Expert, Shirley Clarke will present the morning keynotes, followed by an afternoon of workshops to explore the theme.
Key Reasons to Attend
- Discover the thinking of internationally renowned speakers, Dylan Wiliam and Shirley Clarke
- Explore a key theme in education
- Share ideas for developing assessment across the school
- Reflect on current practice
- Tailor your own CPD by choosing from our list of focused workshop sessions
"Weeks run from Monday to Sunday. Please note that weeks without communications to schools are ignored and the links will go to the last week where a communication was made in this category."