Moving and Handling of Children with Physical Difficulties – Trainers Initial Course
A 4 day training course suitable for those with experience of moving and handling young people who have physical / movement difficulties and would like to be able to train others in this area.
You will be able to train people within your own place of work and have the knowledge to problem solve / give advice about commonly encountered issues.
At the end of the course you will be able to train other people to:
- know how to keep safe when handling
- be able to use safe handling techniques confidently
- understand the process and importance of risk assessment
- be aware of legal requirements pertaining to moving and handling
- have knowledge of a range of handling aids and equipment
Venue: Milford House, Exeter
Dates: Friday 3 February, Thursday 23 February and Friday 24 February 2017 (plus one day theory revision)
NB This is not a course for those working with children who have emotional or behavioural difficulties requiring physical interventions.
"Weeks run from Monday to Sunday. Please note that weeks without communications to schools are ignored and the links will go to the last week where a communication was made in this category."