13 September 2018 - 20 September 2018
Free CPD for History teachers. Learn about the history of technology, 20th century conflicts and medicine over the last century. As part of the RAF100 Schools Project, the Historical Association and the Institute of Physics are hosting a free CPD workshop for teachers and youth group leaders at the University of Exeter on Saturday 22 September 10.30- 14.00. Focusing on the activities featured on the website, the workshops will build subject knowledge for the classroom. These workshops are aimed at those teaching 11-16 year olds. The CPD is led by an experienced teacher and workshop facilitator. Lunch and refreshments provided.
The Local Authority, in conjunction with headteacher and governor representatives is consulting with schools, academies and free schools on the proposed local formula for 2019/20. This consultation will run from 1 to 12 October 2018.
Consultation events have been organised across the County during this period. Please see the document via the link below for dates and how to book.
Links between wellbeing and attainment have long been recognised and so the DfE recently published draft guidance to introduce two new statutory subjects:
- Relationships Education (primary) and Relationships & Sex Education (secondary)
- Health Education for all state-funded schools
This does not apply to post-16, although PSHE is statutory for independent schools.
We hope that all interested professionals will respond to the consultation by 7/11/18.
Visit our PSHE website to read the comprehensive guide to the new statutory draft guidance.
A short, focused session lasting approximately 1.5 hours. Information is provided by a range of advisers :
- Providing leaders with topical information on current local and national educational issues.
- Opportunities to share and celebrate good practice;
- Helping leaders to keep up to date with the rapidly changing national agenda.
A one day course for new or inexperienced school administrators, bursars and business managers of Devon Maintained Schools.
This one day workshop is designed for new or inexperienced school administration staff, giving
an overview of finance and financial administration in the school environment.
There will be opportunities throughout the day to explore best practice delivered through group
discussions and practical application, as well as instruction based training.
- Topics include: Income and receipting
- ordering and invoicing
- petty cash
- payroll forms,
- personnel contracts in Sims
- the financial recording systems and tasks including codes, cost centre structure,
monthly transactions and reconciliation and financial monitoring & reporting.
See our flyer for further details.
For School Administrators, Business Managers and Senior Leaders who have a role in:
- pre-employment checks
- the Single Central Record
Phil Barrett, Team Leader Safer Recruitment Service Devon County Council will talk about the 2018 Keeping Children Safe in Education Part 3 and explain the changes as well as their possible impact on schools and settings.
This session will support schools and settings to ensure they are compliant with national expectations.
WHY CHOOSE THIS TRAINING?
– A chance to reflect on updates within Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSiE)
– An opportunity to ask the Devon County Council Team Leader questions about the changes
– Network with colleagues undertaking a similar role
See our flyer for further details.
View the latest newsletter from Devon Association of Primary Headteachers (DAPH).
Subscribe, or update your subscription preferences here.