Teignmouth traffic management review
Devon County Council has been working with Teignmouth Town Council and other stakeholders for a number of years developing proposals designed to:
- free up much on street parking as possible to benefit residents
- encourage turnover of on-street limited waiting to benefit businesses
- enable enforcement to be undertaken efficiently
- encourage longer term visitors to use off-street car parks
- encourage those working in the town make more sustainable travel choices, for example, car share, public transport, walking and cycling.
These proposals have been subject to consultation in May and June 2016. The responses have been considered and the Teignbridge Highways and Traffic Orders Committee on 14 July 2016 decided to implement all restrictions with a review after a year of operation.
Details of what was proposed/agreed can be found at Consultation and results.
What happens next?
The work has been commissioned and the restrictions are currently being introduced with the residents parking scheme coming into force on 1 March 2017.
Applying for a permit
It is recommended that all residents apply for permits as soon as possible.
In order to achieve best value from your first permit, we recommend that you forward date your permit application to start on 1 March 2017 or ask that your permit start date is set for the 1st.