Exeter City Centre Bus Station Development
Exeter City Council is proposing to build a new bus station in Exeter city centre. To facilitate this there are a number of changes proposed that will affect traffic driving and parking in the city centre.
More details on the bus station development can be found on Exeter City Council’s website.
Phase 1 – Partial closure of Exeter Bus Station
Initial proposals were considered and approved at the Exeter Highways and Traffic Orders Committee on Monday 14 November 2016. Due to the changing status of the development, the proposals have changed since the meeting and the final scheme was advertised from 5 April 2018 until 26 April 2018. The comments were presented to the Exeter Highways and Traffic Orders Committee on the 18 May 2018 where a decision was made to implement the proposals as advertised except for some no loading at any time in Verney Street.
Some of the restrictions were implemented on 17 June 2018 with the rest to follow as works allow.
- Advert and Statement of Reasons
- Draft order for parking restrictions
- Draft order for one-way restriction
- 19976-SK-048 Parking proposals bus station area
- 19976-GA-011 One-way and parking proposals Bampfylde Street and Bude Street
- ENV5615/1(A) One-way Bampfylde Street and Bude Street
- ENV5613/1(A) Parking proposals Red Lion Lane and Verney Street
- 19976-GA-010 Parking proposals Summerland Street, Red Lion Lane and Verney Street
- 19976-GA-006 Bus stops/stands in Sidwell Street
- 19976-GA-019 Parking proposals South Street
Phase 2 – Closure of Bampfylde Street
The bus station development will eventually require the closure of Bampfylde Street, south-west of its junction with Cheeke Street. In order to allow buses to access the bus station, it is proposed that traffic wishing to access the bus station and Bude Street area may do so via Paris Street.
These proposals were considered by the Exeter Highways and Traffic Orders Committee on the 18 May 2018 where it was agreed to advertise the proposals. Details on this consultation will be made available once it has been arranged.