Previous amendments to the Civil Parking Enforcement Order
Devon County Council (Traffic Regulation & On-Street Parking Places) Amendment Order
We propose to amend the parking dispensation scheme by introducing additional permit types to give contractors and landlords greater flexibility to park in areas with parking restrictions.
We are also proposing additional changes to the articles in the countywide civil parking traffic regulation order as part of a housekeeping exercise.
If approved there will be three permit types available to businesses, contractors or landlords.
- dispensation annual permits
- dispensation short stay permits
- dispensation notice permits.
Landlords will not be issued permits if they live in the same residents zone for the property they manage.
Summary of the different types of permits and where they can be used.
We also propose to introduce:
- a clause to prevent extending a free period of parking by another free period of parking
- an exemption for Blue Badge holders to all residents parking zones in Devon
- amended eligibility of some residents parking zones to match historic records
- amended articles to improve consistency and clarity of parking regulations in Devon.
Individual reasons for the article changes may be found in the Summary of changes in the consultation documents.
The proposals are part of a statutory consultation which ended on 26 June 2015. Submissions may not have been acknowledged, but those received have been considered and were sent a letter explaining the outcome.
The comments submitted were considered by Cabinet on 8 July 2015 (minute *371) and they resolved to implement the dispensation scheme with a modification to allow letting agents to apply for dispensation permits.
The traffic order was implemented on 21 September 2015 and details on how to apply for permits are available here.