Apply for a temporary traffic restriction
You can apply for temporary traffic restrictions because:
- the works are to be carried out on or near the road
- there is a likelihood of danger to the public
- there is serious damage to the road which needs repairing.
We need a minimum of three months’ notice to introduce a temporary traffic restriction for planned work.
If your planned works will be longer than five days then you must apply for a Temporary Traffic Regulation Order (TTRO). If you expect your planned works to be completed in five days or fewer you can apply for a Temporary Traffic Regulation Notice (TTRN).
If works overrun beyond the five days covered by the TTRN then you will need an additional TTRO which will be charged at the full rate.
For an emergency closure due to a burst water or gas main, phone 01392 383329.
- Closure or restrictions by Temporary Traffic Regulation Order (TTRO) – £800
- Closure or restrictions by Temporary Traffic Regulation Notice (TTRN) – £300
- Extending a TTRO for up to 18 months – £200
- Deferring the start date for an order which has been processed and advertised and so has to be re-advertised – £500
- If you cancel a TTRO before it has been advertised the fee will be lowered – £300
If you need ‘no waiting’ cones there may be an additional cost.
How to apply
For all other applicants, read the guidance notes, fill in the application form and send it, along with supporting materials to email@example.com. If you wish to pay by cheque your application form, supporting materials and cheque should be posted to:
Devon Highways Road Closure Team
Exeter EX2 4QD
If you need further information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0345 155 1004.