Guide: Business Plan 2015-2021
Guiding principles: Strong business focus
To deliver our service with reduced funding in an ever changing world, we need to be a robust, effectively managed, highly capable team.
We are working towards this by:
Evaluation – Critical evaluation of our service delivery.
Opportunity – Identifying and maximising opportunities to acquire funding and to secure sources of revenue.
Involvement – Active involvement at regional and national level with industry groups.
Knowledge and skill – Having a strong plan to develop our people to meet the service needs.
Management – Managing projects, change and performance.
Discipline – Being disciplined, consistent and with clear accountabilities
Financial Control – Robust processes to manage service finances.
- working with local communities, community groups, local businesses and other agencies to identify opportunities for self-help schemes or match-funding to deliver improvement schemes to meet local needs
- recovering our reasonable costs and seeking opportunities to generate income
Involvement: To ensure we are:
- keeping ahead
- collaborating with others and
- influencing the development of professional thinking and practice.
Evaluation: To ensure that we are:
- using the resources available to us as efficiently as possible
- learning from our experiences
- understand how we are performing compared to other authorities facing similar challenges
- sharing experiences and working with others to maximise opportunities
- listening to and supporting our parish and town councils and communities
Knowledge and skill: To ensure that our people:
- are equipped with the knowledge and skills the business needs
- apply their skills throughout the service
- understand their role and responsibilities and are supported to deliver them
- are empowered to think creatively and bring about effective changes in support of our highway strategy
Management: To ensure that business improvements are:
- implemented in a controlled manner
- delivered at appropriate speed
- achieving what we set out to do
- action is taken when we identify issues comfortable