Factsheet: Parking dispensations
Terms and conditions
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your vehicle is parked safely at all times and doesn’t increase or pose risks to others. The vehicle must be moved when requested by a police officer, parking warden, a council officer or a utility company contractor in the course of their contracted works.
- A dispensation notice doesn’t guarantee a parking space at a specific location or on a specific part of the public highway. If there isn’t a suitable location to park at the stated address, we will issue a dispensation notice for the nearest suitable location.
- The vehicle is only permitted to park at or near to the notice address stated.
- The dispensation is only valid for the restriction type it is issued for.
- The dispensation must be displayed in the front windscreen of the vehicle it’s issued for and clearly show the details of the vehicle, dates, times and the location it’s valid for. It should be easily readable by a parking warden or police officer.
- The vehicle should not cause an obstruction to other road users or pedestrians and should not be parked wholly or partly on the verge or footway.
- Materials or goods must not be deposited on the footway or carriageway except when loading or unloading.
- A dispensation can only be valid for one vehicle at a time.
- No more than four dispensations can be issued for each address. Multiple copies will not be accepted and tickets will be issued to each vehicle displaying the same notice.
- A dispensation will be invalid if it is changed or altered in any way.
- A brief explanation must be given at the time of application stating the reasons why the vehicle operationally needs to be parked at the location stated.
- If there is a change of vehicle details due to a vehicle breakdown, you must phone us on 0345 155 1004 immediately to discuss appropriate alternative actions.
- We can’t give refunds for unused or invalidated dispensations.
- All vehicles issued with a dispensation must have a valid MOT certificate, current road tax and hold the relevant insurance certificate.
- We reserve the right not to issue a dispensation where the vehicle involved has outstanding parking tickets issued to it.
- Dispensations are issued solely at our discretion. They remain our property and we may withdraw them at any time with notice.
- All data collected from issuing dispensations may be shared and used in conjunction with our reporting functions or as part of a police investigation. All processing of this data will be in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998.
You are at the end of this guide