Projects across North Devon to benefit from funding
Posted on: 5 June 2017
Play areas, footpaths and village hall repairs are just some of the latest open space projects to benefit from a funding boost from North Devon Council.
At a meeting of the council’s Executive today (Monday 5 June), members agreed to allocate £18,310 Section 106* funding to Tawstock Parish Council towards the cost of providing and enhancing open space at Tower View. The parish council was also allocated £22,233.28 towards maintaining the open space area including the play area.
As well as this the following schemes have also been awarded funds:
- £5,160.11 towards Jordans Close play area, Newport
- £825 to Shirwell Parochial Church Council towards the cost of a new footpath
- £776.82 to North Molton Sports Club towards re-upholstering seating in the clubhouse
- £776.83 to Heasley Mill Village Hall towards the cost of roof repairs
- £776.83 to North Molton Victory hall towards refurbishment works to the hall
Contracts Delivery Manager at North Devon Council, Mark Kentell, says: “It’s great to see so many different projects in different communities across the district benefiting from funding. S106 contributions, made as part of major planning applications, allow the council to give something back to the community and help projects receive funding that can be vital to help provide much needed facilities.”
*Section 106 (S106) is money paid to the council by developers as part of the planning conditions of planning applications. The money can only be used for certain things, but is used primarily for public open space projects.Posted in: Community