Barnstaple properties wanted for council rental scheme
Posted on: 21 March 2017
Landlords of empty one bedroom properties in Barnstaple are being invited to rent them out to North Devon Council.
It’s part of the council’s Private Sector Lease Scheme (PSLS), which aims to help the council provide more temporary accommodation for people in need.
Properties must be unfurnished, in good condition and with adequate heating to be considered for the scheme. If accepted, landlords will be provided with:
- a competitive and guaranteed rental income for the lease period (paid quarterly in advance)
- a fixed term lease of one year with the potential to renew
- no management fee
- guaranteed vacant possession of the property
Executive Member for Housing at North Devon Council, Councillor Brian Moores, says: “We are experiencing a high demand for properties in Barnstaple at the moment, especially one bedroom properties. This is a really great scheme which has always proved popular and I encourage any landlords with an empty property that is suitable to contact the council and sign up. ”
For more information about the scheme:
- can be found on our website
- contact a Temporary Accommodation Officer at the council on 01271 388362/388363
- email: email@example.com