Contacting North Devon Council over the Christmas period
Posted on: 15 December 2016
On Friday 23 December, North Devon Council’s Customer Services offices will be closing early for the Christmas period.
The opening times that day will be:
- Lynton House in Barnstaple – 9am to 2pm
- The Ilfracombe Centre – 9am to 2pm
The Amory Centre in South Molton will close at 5pm on Thursday 22 December.
The council’s telephone service for customers will also be closed throughout this period. All council offices will reopen at 9am on Tuesday 3 January.
Because the offices are closed, residents are being encouraged to use the council’s website instead to help sort out their queries. Going online is a cheaper and more convenient way of contacting the council and it means people can carry out their business 24 hours a day, even when the offices are closed. Services available to customers over the festive period include:
- Online payments for council tax, business rates, car park fines, benefits overpayments and invoices
- Telephone payments 01271 329539 (24 hours a day)
- Check your waste and recycling collection dates online
- North Devon News – the council’s dedicated news site
- Devon Home Choice – affordable housing
- Online planning advice and services
- Online electoral registration
The council’s Twitter and Facebook pages will not be monitored over the Christmas and New Year period. Emails and online forms will not be responded to until the offices reopen on Tuesday 3 January.Posted in: Community