North Devon car park charges increase this month
Posted on: 4 May 2016
Charges in North Devon Council owned car parks will increase on Monday 16 May, following a district-wide review of parking.
The charges have been reviewed as part of a strategy to ease congestion and simplify the cost of parking across the district.
The main changes are:
- all car parks will be charged from 8am to 6pm
- a 10p per hour increase in short stay car parks, rising to 20p per hour increase after four hours
- some car parks will no longer be covered by new long stay permits
- long stay car park charges will increase by 10p per day
- long stay car parks will be free on Sundays
North Devon Council Leader, Councillor Des Brailey, said: “Putting our parking charges up is not a decision we’ve taken lightly. The charges have remained the same for six years, with the running costs steadily increasing year on year. We have made a district-wide review of our car parks and looked at usage. With our main town centre car parks over capacity, we are aiming to encourage more people to use our long stay car parks, some of which are within easy walking distance of the main town centres.”
More information about all council-owned car parks is available on our website.Posted in: Community