Rent your property to the council
Posted on: 21 April 2016
Landlords of empty one bedroom properties in Barnstaple are being invited to rent them out to North Devon Council.
It’s part of the council’s Private Sector Lease Scheme (PSLS), which aims to help the council provide more temporary accommodation for people in need.
Properties must be unfurnished, in good condition and with adequate heating to be considered for the scheme. If accepted, landlords will be provided with:
- a competitive and guaranteed rental income for the lease period (paid quarterly in advance)
- a fixed term lease of one year with the potential to renew
- no management fee
- guaranteed vacant possession of the property
Executive Member for Housing at North Devon Council, Councillor Brian Moores, says: “This is a really great scheme and has proved successful in the past, which is why we are keen for more landlords to sign up. We would like to have a range of properties on our list so that we can choose the one that best meets an individuals needs. At the moment we would especially like to hear from landlords with one bedroom properties in Barnstaple. ”
For more information about the scheme:
• visit the private rented housing pages on the housing section of the council website
• contact a Temporary Accommodation Officer at the council on 01271 388362/388363
• email: firstname.lastname@example.org