Christmas office closures
Posted on: 14 December 2015
People planning to visit or phone North Devon Council over the next few weeks are being asked to check the opening hours of its offices first.
On Friday 18 December, both Lynton House in Barnstaple and the North Devon Council desk at the Ilfracombe Centre will close to visitors at 2pm. The council’s customer phone service will also be limited between 2pm and 5pm.
Work is then carried out on the council’s telephone system from 6pm. This will mean the out-of-office hours message will be down, as well as the emergency number. Instead, a mobile number of the standby team will be placed on our website www.northdevon.gov.uk closer to the time.
The council’s Customer Services offices will also be closing early on Christmas Eve (Thursday 24 December). The opening times for that day will be:
- Lynton House in Barnstaple – 9am to 2pm
- The Ilfracombe Centre – 9am to 12pm
- The Amory Centre in South Molton – 9am to 12.30pm
Both Lynton House and the Ilfracombe Centre will remain closed until 9am on Monday 4 January. This includes the council’s telephone service for customers. Meanwhile, the Amory Centre will reopen to visitors at 9am on Tuesday 5 January.
Instead of phoning or visiting the council’s offices, residents are being encouraged to use the council’s website to help sort out their queries. By going online, it is a cheaper and more convenient way of contacting the council and it means people can carry out their business 24 hours a day, even when the offices are closed. Services available to customers over the festive period include:
- Online payments for council tax, business rates, car park fines, benefits overpayments and invoices – visit https://www.civicaepay.co.uk/northdevon/webpay_public/webpay/ and select the option you want from the menu on the left
- Telephone payments 01271 329539 (24 hours a day)
- this website – North Devon News – our dedicated news site
- North Devon Council’s twitter page twitter.com/ndevoncouncil (follow @ndevoncouncil)
- Devon Home Choice – www.devonhomechoice.com
- Online planning advice and services at www.planningportal.gov.uk
- Online electoral registration at www.gov.uk/register-to-vote
If people need to contact the council in an emergency over Christmas and New Year, the out-of-hours emergency number will be available, which is 01271 388240. Please remember, this is for urgent matters only.Posted in: Community