New council announced
Posted on: 22 May 2015
A new leadership has been announced for North Devon Council following the first council meeting since this month’s district elections.
At the annual council meeting (Thursday 21 May), Cllr Des Brailey was elected as the new Leader of North Devon Council. Cllr Pat Barker was elected Deputy Leader.
Cllr Jackie Flynn and Cllr Sue Croft were elected as Chair and Vice-Chair of the council respectively.
Cllr Brailey says: “I look forward to the next four years. I don’t under-estimate the enormity of the task, but having done the job previously, I understand the role very well. I am also looking forward to working with members and officers.”
Cllr Flynn adds: “I am delighted to have the confidence of the members to be voted in as Chair of the council. It will be an honour and pleasure to serve in this role.”
Members of the new Executive were also announced at the meeting and are as follows:
- Councillor Des Brailey (Con)
- Councillor Pat Barker (Con)
- Councillor Rodney Cann (Con)
- Councillor Richard Edgell (Con)
- Councillor Mike Harrison (Con)
- Councillor Dick Jones (Con)
- Councillor Glyn Lane (Con)
- Councillor David Luggar (Con)
- Councillor Brian Moores (Con)
- Councillor Jeremy Yabsley (Ind)
The first meeting of the new Executive will take place on Tuesday 2 June.Posted in: Democracy