The meals service consultation is now closed. Read the full consultation findings.
We are proposing to:-
- Allow the current contract for meals to end as scheduled in July 2014
- Provide advice and information about local meals options
- Use voluntary sector support to assist people who need additional help to reheat a frozen meal in their own home or find a hot meals provider (including local lunch clubs or community cafés)
- Cease current subsidies for hot meals, which means that those people who continue to require hot meals would need to meet the full cost of the meals and any delivery charge
- Offer the option of a personal budget to people who are assessed as eligible for support to access a meals service. Personal budgets can be used to access support but not pay for the meal itself.
This consultation closed on Wednesday 19 March 2014.