If you need to do an Impact Assessment, these are the tools to help you get started.
- Read the guidance before starting.
- Identify what information you need to gather and consider.
- Indentify colleagues who can help with information or expertise.
- Impact Assessment Form (Updated July 2017) – download Word version
- Impact Assessment Form with Guidance Notes (please read!)
DCC staff: Please email your completed assessment to the ‘impact assessment’ mailbox in PDF format, dated and ‘signed off’ by the Head of Service or Service Manager (or you can publish a draft for consultation via this route). Officers may also ask for support via this route.
Equality Impact Assessment ‘Lite’ – you can use this table for building equality considerations into reviews and assessments (for example, a scrutiny review or monitoring report for managers). New November 2016.
- Impact Assessment – TGROW approach – this is a new guide using the TGROW coaching method. It is a series of questions which will help you carry out the assessment
Please see the Useful Information section for information about communities and protected characteristic groups that could be useful for your assessment.
Training is available; staff can visit online booking system to book on to the Equality Impact Assessment half day course. It is highly advisable that you attend training before completing an assessment.
If the guidance above seems daunting, one to one coaching/mentoring or advice is also available from the Corporate Equality Officer. Please make contact at the earliest opportunity (before you begin your assessment) and if possible, attend the training first.
Also contact the Corporate Equality Officer to book some time at an Equality Reference Group ‘Surgery’ (a group of external stakeholders from the Voluntary/Community Sector) – please do this early on in your process. Meetings are held six times a year.