What are the advantages of this model?
- The potential for improvements in service delivery and benefits for service users.
- Access to a larger pool of professional expertise.
- A larger, more robust and sustainable organisation.
- A more flexible model of governance.
- Increased scope for funding applications, fundraising opportunities, tax and business rate exemptions, and attracting donations and bequests.
- Increased opportunity for joint projects and partnerships with the private sector through business sponsorship.
- A clearer relationship with a wider range of communities and stakeholders.
- Increased scope for efficiency savings and economies of scale.