East Devon, Exeter, Mid Devon, and Teignbridge councils are working in partnership, with Devon County Council, engaging communities and stakeholders, to prepare a new joint plan. By working together, we aim to deliver the best possible outcomes for the provision of new homes, jobs, and infrastructure for existing and future generations, while also protecting and enhancing the environment. The Greater Exeter Strategic Plan will cover all of the four local authority areas, excluding Dartmoor National Park.
The purpose of the plan is to:
- Have a joined-up vision and aspirations for the area
- Meet the area’s housing needs in the right locations
- Secure economic growth and increased prosperity
- Provide transport and infrastructure improvements needed to support sustainable growth
- Conserve and enhance the area’s environment
There is also a call for sites and this is open to anyone wishing to promote land for housing or economic development within the Greater Exeter area.
Four exhibitions are being held so people can find out more about the plan:
- Wednesday 8 March: 2pm – 8pm. Mackarness Hall, High Street, Honiton
- Wednesday 15 March: 2pm – 8pm. Mid Devon District Council Office, Phoenix House, Phoenix Lane, Tiverton
- Thursday 16 March: 2pm – 8pm. The Guildhall, High Street, Exeter
- Thursday 23 March: 2pm – 8pm. Old Forde House, Brunel Road, Newton Abbot
For further information, your opportunity to comment or to submit a site, please click the link to be redirected to the Greater Exeter Strategic Plan website.