Fund title: Taking Teaching Further
Focus of fund/fund aims:
To encourage and support experienced industry professionals to enter the FE teaching profession.
15 February 2019
The Taking Teaching Further programme is funded by the Department for Education to attract experienced industry professionals with expert technical knowledge and skills to work in Further Education.
The programme has been set up to test how best to encourage and support experienced industry professionals from key sectors into FE teaching, full or part-time, and to support an ongoing exchange between FE and industry so that students can gain the knowledge and skills that employers need.
The programme is divided into two strands:
Strand 1: Financial Support for Initial Teacher Education – financial support for up to 150 industry experts to become FE teachers, covering the course costs of teacher training as well as support and mentoring
There is a focus on four key sectors:
- Childcare and Education
- Engineering & Manufacturing
Strand 2: Industry and College/Provider Innovation projects – support up to 40 innovative and scalable projects that help develop local partnerships and collaboration
Round two of the fund is now open to applications from FE providers including: colleges; independent training providers; employer-led, third-sector and local-authority providers; and adult & community learning providers.
Search the site
- RT @TSConnected: Want help preparing your business for Brexit? Head to the @GrowthHubHOTSW website for an up-to-date resource of in… https://t.co/uDWpfLrSL2 1d ago
- RT @FSBSouthWest: Looking for ways to keep up to date with what is happening in the South West? Follow @FSBSouthWest for biz info, ne… https://t.co/As3NsuMpLn 1d ago
- RT @ndevoncouncil: Good morning #NDevon, a sunny start to the day at last. 2019 has got off to a busy start for our #Planning Team - l… https://t.co/yxskZCR9XZ 1d ago
- RT @ExeterCouncil: Construction giant @kiergroup have started work on the new leisure complex and bus station. Contracts have been sig… https://t.co/EY8Jd5VChU 1d ago