Fund title: Science in schools
Focus of fund/fund aims:
Details of two separate grants schemes to support the teaching of science in schools and colleges
Royal Society: Partnership Grants
Partnership Grants of up to £3,000 are available to schools to enable students, aged 5 – 18, to carry out science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM) projects. UK schools or colleges can apply for funding to buy equipment to run a STEM investigation project in partnership with a STEM professional (research or industry).
- deliver a better understanding of the latest developments in STEM
- improve perceptions of those working in STEM professions
- give students pride and ownership in STEM from participation in the investigative process
The next deadline is 31 July 2017.
More information: Royal Society: Partnership Grants
STFC: School Grants Scheme
The Science and Technology Facilities Council, the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) and the Institute of Physics run a small grants scheme designed specifically for schools and colleges.
The scheme provides schools with grants of up to £600 for projects or events linked to the teaching or promotion of physics or engineering. It is open to all UK educational institutions (schools and colleges) catering for pupils/students in the age range 5-19.
The next deadline is 1 November 2017
More information: School Grants Scheme
Search the site
- SW visitor and tourism related businesses - Help us collect data with the SW 'How's Business' Survey https://t.co/gwWFNnaHlX Deadline 26 Nov 15h ago
- RT @GUTS_SW: We are proud to be supporting @VisitDartmoor Members Day by providing an insight into social media and digital mark… https://t.co/IwVB7Ila06 1d ago
- RT @DevonWildlife: Good to see Devon's wild beavers hitting today's headlines in @WMNNews. Thanks to our project partners… https://t.co/K68aiQ5mDt 2d ago
- RT @GUTS_SW: Are you #GDPR ready? Calling all #NorthSomerset businesses - we are running our popular free workshop nxt wk at… https://t.co/PHqslcBDv4 2d ago