Fund title: Science in schools
Focus of fund/fund aims:
Details of two separate grants schemes to support the teaching of science in schools and colleges
Royal Society: Partnership Grants
Partnership Grants of up to £3,000 are available to schools to enable students, aged 5 – 18, to carry out science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM) projects. UK schools or colleges can apply for funding to buy equipment to run a STEM investigation project in partnership with a STEM professional (research or industry).
- deliver a better understanding of the latest developments in STEM
- improve perceptions of those working in STEM professions
- give students pride and ownership in STEM from participation in the investigative process
The next deadline is 31 July 2017.
More information: Royal Society: Partnership Grants
STFC: School Grants Scheme
The Science and Technology Facilities Council, the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) and the Institute of Physics run a small grants scheme designed specifically for schools and colleges.
The scheme provides schools with grants of up to £600 for projects or events linked to the teaching or promotion of physics or engineering. It is open to all UK educational institutions (schools and colleges) catering for pupils/students in the age range 5-19.
The next deadline is 1 November 2017
More information: School Grants Scheme
Search the site
- RECRUITING: @dccapprentices looking for a new intake of #apprentices. Well paid + good benefits = Great Opportunity… https://t.co/45M0e12UGz 6h ago
- RT @GUTS_SW: My week on Twitter : 5 New Followers, 2 Retweets, 2.82K Retweet Reach, 1 Tweet. See yours with https://t.co/exUoxOhi1H 2d ago
- Rural Devon businesses can still apply for EU grants: funding for biz development, food & tourism Deadline 31 Jan 18 https://t.co/i59G5ZFGnL 2d ago
- Great opportunity to join an #apprenticeship scheme thats been going for over 10yrs! @dccapprentices are recruiting… https://t.co/iLHxaQcMGF 3d ago