Fund title: Science in schools
Focus of fund/fund aims:
Details of two separate grants schemes to support the teaching of science in schools and colleges
Royal Society: Partnership Grants
Partnership Grants of up to £3,000 are available to schools to enable students, aged 5 – 18, to carry out science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM) projects. UK schools or colleges can apply for funding to buy equipment to run a STEM investigation project in partnership with a STEM professional (research or industry).
- deliver a better understanding of the latest developments in STEM
- improve perceptions of those working in STEM professions
- give students pride and ownership in STEM from participation in the investigative process
The next deadline is 31 July 2017.
More information: Royal Society: Partnership Grants
STFC: School Grants Scheme
The Science and Technology Facilities Council, the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) and the Institute of Physics run a small grants scheme designed specifically for schools and colleges.
The scheme provides schools with grants of up to £600 for projects or events linked to the teaching or promotion of physics or engineering. It is open to all UK educational institutions (schools and colleges) catering for pupils/students in the age range 5-19.
The next deadline is 1 November 2017
More information: School Grants Scheme
Search the site
- RT @TSConnected: Thinking about switching energy supplier? Don’t be tempted by seemingly unbeatable offers from mailshots or cold ca… https://t.co/TQAH5CBKaV 2d ago
- Interested in developing a work hub in #Devon? @devonworkhubs are launching a competitive round of #funding in Apr… https://t.co/0vR1tPEnXg 2d ago
- Over the coming months, #innovate2succeed are running a variety of free events across the South West - a great oppo… https://t.co/pc4jVsZQ1a 3d ago
- RT @TCUK_DBA: Join us at 10am when we will be having a Twitter Q&A with @businessgov! Tune in to find out what we're all about an… https://t.co/Zp4qZqV0Gi 3d ago