Fund title: Heart of the South West LEP: EU funding
Focus of fund/fund aims:
Open calls for ERDF support for projects in Devon. Including new call for climate change adaptation, risk prevention and management (closes 26 January 2018).
see individual deadlines for each call
The Heart of the South West (covering Devon, Plymouth, Torbay and Somerset) has an allocation of just over £107m from Europe for 2014-2020 for investment in projects and initiatives which support the economic growth of the area.
The following calls for proposals have European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) funding available for projects in Devon and are open for outline applications:
- Climate Change: to promote climate change adaptation, risk prevention and management and specifically promoting investment to address specific risks, ensuring disaster resilience and developing disaster management systems. (Deadline 26 January 2018)
- Low carbon: to support the shift to a low carbon economy (a rolling call, with applications reviewed at set points until 1 June 2018)
[See separate DFN article on updates to the Low Carbon priority]
- SME support: to enhance the competitiveness of SMEs, including entrepreneurship, innovation and new markets (a rolling call, with applications reviewed at set points until 31 January 2018)
There is a two-stage application process: projects which are successful at the outline stage will be invited to make a full submission for funding.
Note on the Heart of the South West LEP area:
The Heart of the South West LEP area covers Devon, Plymouth, Torbay & Somerset but within this, there are two categories of funding
- ‘Transition’ area – Devon, Plymouth & Torbay
- ‘More Developed’ area – Somerset
These two areas each have a notional funding allocation which is reflected in the details of the call(s) listed above. Activities in the Transition area will generally be eligible for an EU contribution of up to 60% of total costs; activities in the More Developed area can receive up to 50% of costs.
For more information on the ESIF Strategy for our area, refer to the Heart of the South West LEP website at: http://heartofswlep.co.uk/doing-business-in-our-area/european-structural-and-investment-funds-esif/