Fund title: Childcare Business Grants
Focus of fund/fund aims:
To support the establishment of new childcare businesses
The scheme will run until March 2018
The Childcare Business Grants have now been re-launched to help people with the costs of setting up a childminding business in England.
There are one-off grants:
- £500 for setting up as an early years childminder
- £1,000 for setting up as an early years childminding agency
- £1,000 for setting up as an early years childminder for disabled children
To be eligible, applicants need to:
- be registered with Ofsted or a childminder agency
- have an early years registration certificate
- offer the 30 hours of childcare entitlement for 3 and 4 year olds (either individually or in partnership with other providers)
The scheme is only open to new businesses ie. registered with Ofsted or a childminder agency for less than three months.