Fund title: Childcare Business Grants
Focus of fund/fund aims:
To support the establishment of new childcare businesses
There are no deadlines: the scheme operates on a first come/ first served basis
The Childcare Business Grants help people with the costs of setting up a childminding business in England. As of 4 April 2018, there is a revised scheme:
- The higher level of award (£1,000) for childminders who care for children with SEN/D and for new Childminder Agencies (CMAs) will be retained
- There will be a universal award of £300 for new childminders across England;
- New childminders in local authorities identified as facing challenges around rurality and disadvantage – this currently includes Devon – will also qualify for a locality supplement of £200 to the universal award, providing a total grant of £500.
To be eligible, applicants need to:
- be registered with Ofsted or a childminder agency for less than three months
- have an early years registration certificate
- offer the 30 hours of childcare entitlement for 3 and 4 year olds (either individually or in partnership with other providers)
There is more information and guidance in the ‘Help‘ section of the website.