Fund title: Building Connections Fund
Focus of fund/fund aims:
To support projects that prevent or reduce loneliness by helping people to develop social connections and create a sense of community and belonging. Now open to applications for funding to tackle youth loneliness.
Youth Strand: 26 September 2018
The £11.5 million Building Connections Fund is a partnership between Government, Big Lottery Fund and the Co-op Foundation which was set up in response to the Jo Cox Commission on Loneliness to support projects that prevent or reduce loneliness.
The fund is interested in funding projects that:
- make the best use of community assets and joining up local services
- enable communities to bring people together and build connections
- understand more about the individual benefits of preventing loneliness
There are two strands:
Main Fund – now closed
Funding for organisations with existing projects that are already helping to build connections to prevent or reduce loneliness and want to do more to build on this work. The main fund is made up of close to £9 million, which will be distributed by the Big Lottery Fund, making grants of between £30,000 and £100,000.
Youth Fund – open for applications until 26 September 2018
The Youth Strand is open to organisations with existing youth-focussed activities that could be effective at helping young people avoid long-term loneliness. The Youth Strand is made up of £2 million, which is being distributed by the Co-op Foundation, making grants of up to £80,000.
Search the site
- RT @GeneratorHub: How Writing for One Hour a Day Can Improve The Quality of Your Life. https://t.co/tQAMyVflLw 20h ago
- RT @DevonCC: We are now proud to support the Red Box Project, an initiative that quietly ensures no young woman misses out on he… https://t.co/v8oYUHXyuR 20h ago
- RT @ProudtoCare: Have you heard us on the radio yet? Our latest advertising campaign is well under way across Devon & Torbay includi… https://t.co/ajsvP1Fxtq 21h ago
- RT @VisitDevon: The leaves are falling and the skies are darkening but there's still plenty to see in Devon at this time of year! … https://t.co/deiZd9bfYb 21h ago