Fund title: Big Lottery Fund: Reaching Communities
Focus of fund/fund aims:
For projects that help people and communities most in need. Notice of temporary pause on the submission of applications between 15 January and 2 April 2018.
Apply by 15 January 2018 (Re-opening 2 April 2018)
The Big Lottery Fund has announced that it will be changing the application process for Reaching Communities, to make it easier for groups and communities to apply for National Lottery funding.
In order to do this, there will be a temporary pause on the submission of Reaching Communities applications between Monday 15 January and Monday 2 April 2018. All applications received before 15 January 2018 will be processed in the existing manner.
Grants of between £10,000 and £500,000 are available to cover the costs of projects which improve communities by using local knowledge, strengths and assets and, in particular, by involving the people who will benefit from the activity in its planning, development and delivery.
Applications can come from voluntary or community groups such as charities, co-operatives, social enterprises or community interest companies, not-for-profit companies limited by guarantee or statutory organisations such as local authorities or schools.
Reaching Communities particularly want to hear about projects that support:
- lasting and sustainable changes to places and spaces
- communities to develop happier and stronger relationships with each other
- taking action to focus on the root causes of social problems to tackle them at the earliest possible stage.
Grants are available to cover all of the costs associated with delivering a project, including staff salaries, training, volunteer expenses, management costs, equipment, premises costs, monitoring and evaluation and overheads.
Smaller grants (of up to £100,000) are available for small-scale capital work.
Search the site
- RT @DCCApprentices: Meet Molly!Molly has shared her experience of @DevonCC so far including what the recruitment process was like an… https://t.co/2RViBdkriP 1h ago
- RT @plymouthcc: Have your say on the Defra consultation on banning plastic straws, stirrers, and cotton buds. You can also do your… https://t.co/UjFFBrdAua 8h ago
- RT @DevonCC: North Devon road schemes progressing well https://t.co/rBQcKh5WSh https://t.co/6ACCSNNQds 8h ago
- RT @DevonCC: Grant scheme awards more than £1.5 million to support Devon businesses https://t.co/k1aE3YltvA https://t.co/WdnOVGHkwi 8h ago