Fund title: Big Lottery Fund: Reaching Communities
Focus of fund/fund aims:
For projects that help people and communities most in need
Applications can be made at any time
New simplified guidance notes are now available for organisations seeking funding from Reaching Communities. Grants of between £10,000 and £500,000 are available to cover the costs of projects which improve communities by using local knowledge, strengths and assets and, in particular, by involving the people who will benefit from the activity in its planning, development and delivery.
Applications can come from voluntary or community groups such as charities, co-operatives, social enterprises or community interest companies, not-for-profit companies limited by guarantee or statutory organisations such as local authorities or schools.
Reaching Communities particularly want to hear about projects that support:
- lasting and sustainable changes to places and spaces
- communities to develop happier and stronger relationships with each other
- taking action to focus on the root causes of social problems to tackle them at the earliest possible stage.
Grants are available to cover all of the costs associated with delivering a project, including staff salaries, training, volunteer expenses, management costs, equipment, premises costs, monitoring and evaluation and overheads.
Smaller grants (of up to £100,000) are available for small-scale capital work.
Search the site
- Rural Devon businesses can still apply for EU grants: funding for biz development, food & tourism Deadline 31 Jan 18 https://t.co/1lvd2xNykw 1h ago
- SW visitor and tourism related businesses - Help us collect data with the SW 'How's Business' Survey https://t.co/JWfH10ZTAM Deadline 29 Oct 6h ago
- RT @cgarcia_in_sw: We @HeartofSWLEP #backthesouthwest. Thank you to all those who came to the Summit today for your support and energy. https://t.co/khT7OUlzSs 1d ago
- RT @DevonCC: We #SupportAdoption – do you? https://t.co/snoOhzyuMd We're committed about improving the life chances for Devon’s… https://t.co/AaiDDbsDWz 1d ago