Fund title: Power to Change: Community Business Fund
Focus of fund/fund aims:
Grants to help existing community businesses to grow and become more sustainable
Open from 7 June until 5 July 2017
The £150m Power to Change programme supports community and voluntary groups through the stages of the journey towards running a community enterprise.
The Community Business Fund provides capital and project-related revenue funding for existing community businesses. Grants of between £50,000 and £300,000 are available to community businesses which meet at least one of the following goals:
- reduce social isolation
- improve health and wellbeing
- increase employability
- create better access to basic services
- improve local environment
- enable greater community cohesion
- foster greater community pride and empowerment
It is important that applicants meet the Power to Change definition of a community business: that is, that they are locally rooted, accountable to the local community, trading for the benefit of the local community and have broad community impact.
Power to Change also offers a range of other funding options including blended funding and community shares, as well as the Community Business Bright Ideas Fund which supports community business start-ups.
Search the site
- RECRUITING: @dccapprentices looking for a new intake of #apprentices. Well paid + good benefits = Great Opportunity… https://t.co/b6Jq930Vmx 3h ago
- How will #Brexit affect your business? Provide your views in the HotSW Brexit Resilience & Opportunities Survey https://t.co/WXYXF7pADX 8h ago
- #PositivePeople will help bring you into the digital age. Visit our page to find out more: https://t.co/fGV5QwMtya #BigLotteryESF 12h ago
- Book tickets for Delivering Devolution – The Role of New Public Service Delivery Models https://t.co/vffKeSGfx5 1d ago