Fund title: Power to Change: Community Business Fund
Focus of fund/fund aims:
Supporting, developing and growing community businesses
Re-opening for applications in Spring 2017
The £150m Power to Change programme is aimed at supporting community and voluntary groups through the stages of the journey towards running a community enterprise.
The Community Business Fund provides capital and project-related revenue funding for existing community businesses. Grants of between £50,000 and £300,000 are available to community businesses which meet at least one of the following goals:
- reduce social isolation
- improve health and wellbeing
- increase employability
- create better access to basic services
- improve local environment
- enable greater community cohesion
- foster greater community pride and empowerment
It is important that applicants meet the Power to Change definition of a community business: that is, that they are locally rooted, accountable to the local community, trading for the benefit of the local community and have broad community impact. There is more information and guidance on the website.
Power to Change also offers a range of other funding options including support for community business start-ups, blended funding and community shares.
Search the site
- SW visitor and tourism related businesses - Help us collect data with the SW 'How's Business' Survey https://t.co/Xat0Rma2jd Deadline 4 June 2h ago
- RECRUITING! Senior Economic Development Officer – Closes midnight! https://t.co/OYQaJzXnVk 2d ago
- SW visitor and tourism related businesses - Help us collect data with the SW 'How's Business' Survey https://t.co/0JG7RZmBpS Deadline 4 June 4d ago
- RECRUITING! Senior Economic Development Officer – Closes 28th May https://t.co/5VdjeSFvpF 4d ago