Fund title: Sport England: new funding programmes
Focus of fund/fund aims:
Sport England has launched new funding programmes for volunteering and social action
Sport England supports organisations and projects that help get more people playing more sport more often. Sport England funding is available to a wide range of organisations: sports clubs, voluntary and community organisations, local authorities, schools, colleges and universities.
Sport England has outlined its new funding programmes and is launching the new opportunities during December 2016 and Spring 2017:
Volunteering – a new £3 million volunteering fund to diversify the range of people who volunteer, and as a first step, support people from lower socio-economic groups to volunteer in sport.
March 2017 – now open:
- The Opportunity Fund aims to get people from economically disadvantaged communities to volunteer
- The Potentials Fund to get young people involved in social action that includes sport and physical activity
Expressions of interest invited by 24 April 2017
Local delivery – funding for 10 places to develop and implement local strategies for physical activity and sport. These will be pilots to learn lessons from and will particularly focus on addressing inactivity and working with under-represented groups.
Tackling inactivity – a new Inactivity Fund, which will initially focus on projects that help older adults (55+) to get active. (3 Jan: now open)
Facilities – new Community Asset Fund which will help sports clubs and other organisations looking to take over sports facilities to develop projects in the local community. £7.5 million will be available for single and multi-sport community facilities in this phase. (1 Feb: now open)
Major sporting events – a £2 million fund to help engage a much broader range of people in and around major sporting events.
There will also be new support for coaching activities.
Keep an eye on the Sport England website for further information.
Search the site
- Providing #SMEs with advice on #apprenticeships & the benefits, as well as the support available #FSB2017 https://t.co/lDOmuHWG35 23h ago
- RT @GUTS_SW: Say hi and ask us your tech questions @swbusinessexpo Thursday@GrowthHubHOTSW https://t.co/IAiKqrdwI3 https://t.co/OnSUQHEweC 1d ago
- Come and see us at #fsb2017 stand 3 @RivieraCentre for info on how an apprentice can benefit your businesses #apprenticeships #SMEs 1d ago
- RT @GUTS_SW: We are teaming up with @sparksomerset to run an e-marketing workshop for members #Chard #BusinessHub… https://t.co/TWvDWPoo58 2d ago