Fund title: Sport England: new funding programmes
Focus of fund/fund aims:
Sport England has launched a new funding programme for projects to help active people stay active and is soon to launch a new Families Fund
refer to the Sport England website for details
Sport England supports organisations and projects that help get more people playing more sport more often. Sport England funding is available to a wide range of organisations: sports clubs, voluntary and community organisations, local authorities, schools, colleges and universities.
Sport England is continuing to launch new funding programmes:
Core Market – this includes a new fund, Helping the Active Stay Active When Life Changes, which is looking for innovative and bold ideas that reduce the number of regularly active people who stop doing sport and physical activity. Expressions of interest by 22 May 2017.
Families Fund – this is launching in May and will offer new opportunities for families with children to get active and play sport together. Find out more
Other new Sport England initiatives include:
Facilities – a new Community Asset Fund to help sports clubs and other organisations looking to take over sports facilities to develop projects in the local community. £7.5 million will be available for single and multi-sport community facilities in this phase.
Volunteering – a new £3 million volunteering fund to diversify the range of people who volunteer, and as a first step, support people from lower socio-economic groups to volunteer in sport.
- The Opportunity Fund aims to get people from economically disadvantaged communities to volunteer
- The Potentials Fund to get young people involved in social action that includes sport and physical activity
Expressions of interest invited by 24 April 2017
Refer to the Sport England website for a full list of the new programmes and key dates
Search the site
- SW visitor and tourism related businesses - Help us collect data with the SW 'How's Business' Survey https://t.co/0JG7RZmBpS Deadline 4 June 1d ago
- RECRUITING! Senior Economic Development Officer – Closes 28th May https://t.co/5VdjeSFvpF 1d ago
- RT @GUTS_SW: Lots of interest in our #GDPR workshops especially from businesses in North Devon & South Devon. The hunt for more venues is on! 3d ago
- RT @GUTS_SW: Are you prepared for data protection changes? #GDPR @Southsomersetdc @Giles_Adams @StephensScown #Somerset… https://t.co/JpyY33QG9L 3d ago